Thursday, August 27, 2015

Current Projects


Decided to try my hand at a star wall hanging.  This is what I have so far.


Next I decided to try making smaller stars out of leftover scraps.  I found out the how hard they really were to make.  I made 4 blocks like this.



Here's the star with the inner border sewn on.  I decided to use the leftover strips from making the big star as a border.  I ended up cutting and sewing quite a few more strips together as well.  The dark blue in the middle of the star will be the backing and binding if everything works out :)


Here it is all sewn together.  Soon I will be quilting and binding it.  Not bad for a first try at diamonds if I do say so myself :)



Today my daughter and I went with a friend on a lunch date.  On the way home we stopped at a florist for some flowers as flowers are really one of the only "cheap" things in Copenhagen.  The kind old man running the shop didn't speak much if any English but he arranged the flowers and even put cellophane on them for free.  Not bad for about $20!



6 comments:

  1. Sandra sent us over...thought we might see something we liked. Wow, did I ever! Your work is amazing! Do you ever sleep? I love, love the American Cowboy cross-stitched piece. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments! The pictures here are from the past 5-10 years. I use the time my little girl sleeps to sew as I watch TV, etc. Who needs sleep anyway....I have crafty things to do :) The American Cowboy cross stitch probably took 6 months to do as I was in a hurry to get it done. I was a sewing fool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging, Melanie! You have made some lovely quilts & cross stitch projects , & it will be lovely to pop in & see some more as your blogging progresses!
    I popped over here from Sandra's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie and welcome to blogland. I am visiting from your mil's blog and so enjoyed my visit here. Your quilts are gorgeous and you are certainly one talented designer.
    Have fun and enjoy! cm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melody, I popped over from Sandra's blog. Welcome to blogland .I love looking at your projects. I also do cross stitching and hand embroidery. It is relaxing. Have a wonderful day. Take care Hugs and Prayers from a new Missouri Friend Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am popping over from your MIL's blog. I went back to your beginning blog post and got caught up. I love to support new blogger. Your quilting work is amazing. I am so impressed. You are a natural, that's for sure. I love to quilt, but haven't had much time. I hope to get back to quilting with fall coming.

    ReplyDelete